Welcome


Welcome to my writing blog, where I'll write about....whatever pleases me. But really, you'll find my poetry, quotes, snippets of stories, and recounts of things I've learned about writing and would like to share (because I like sharing, and information sharing can be quite invaluable). So, come on in, sit back, browse around, and let your mind wander through poetry and other musings of this writer. :)

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ask and You Shall Receive

I must admit - when it came time to submit my poem to Sibella Poetry Magazine for the final issue of the 2012 publication cycle, I was a bit disappointed that my term as contributing poet had come to an end.  Each poet would submit their poems for the upcoming issue during a 10 day period about a month prior to the publication date.  Counting down the days to its release, enthusiasm and impatience would build...I could hardly contain my anticipation of the contents and layout of the upcoming issue.  The last issue, released October 1st, was, in my opinion, the best yet.  It simply amazed me how 24 women from various walks of life, in different stages, who have possibly never met each other (I know I haven't met or corresponded with any of them), would create collectively beautiful poems and inspirational quotes at the same time.  This is a fabulous publication, bringing together the Spirit from contributing poets during a specific period of time...and the result is amazing. 

View of the Parish Church in the centre of San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Delivering my poems in San Miguel

I had hoped to continue to be involved with Sibella (or even it's sister magazine, Sibyl Magazine) past the Oct/Nov 2012 issue, but until recently had not seen any such notice.  So, imagine my surprise and thrill when I received an email on Oct 26th, welcoming me aboard for the 2013 publication cycle of Sibella.  I was filled with gratitude.  It raised the excitement level of spending some time with some of these sacred souled women in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico last week, and oh, how amazing they all are.  The week was filled with love, compassion, empathy, tears, joy and laughter.  I am inspired by each one of them.  At the 1st Annual National Day of Spirituality and Wellness, I had the opportunity to listen to seven insightful and passionate women, and then share a few words myself, and share a few poems.  How I introduced them and read them tied nicely into my experience of the seven previous speakers.
 
Thanks to Sibyl English, the speakers and the attendees for their words of insight, inspiration and support. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment