Welcome


Welcome to my writing blog, where I'll write about....whatever pleases me. But really, you'll find my poetry, quotes, snippets of stories, and recounts of things I've learned about writing and would like to share (because I like sharing, and information sharing can be quite invaluable). So, come on in, sit back, browse around, and let your mind wander through poetry and other musings of this writer. :)

Friday, November 16, 2012

Self Expression - Living 5 POWERFUL words

I believe that it is so important to be able to express oneself - be it through writing, art, dancing, singing, how one dresses, gardening, or through whatever other means that is important to you.  For me, it's through writing, designing, creating jewelry and my body art. 

I got my first tattoo when I was 35.  Some people look at me strangely when they see I have tattoos (after all, it's not a typical thing for a tax accountant to do...), and think I'm going through a mid-life crisis.  However, every one of my tattoos took a lot of time to design and come to life (the first one took 7 years to materialize).  They are with me forever, and have deep meaning.  They are beautiful pieces of art, and just one of my forms of self expression. 

I have five very POWERFUL words tattooed on my body.  They are not superficial words; they are not just for fashion or fad.  They are my PASSION:

LIVE - Live LIFE!  Time is limited.  Our days are numbered. We could leave this earth tomorrow.  So, don't let time pass you by; don't let LIFE pass you by.  LIVE with intention every day.  LIVE your passions.

LOVE - Love YOURSELF, first and foremost, TRULY and UNCONDITIONALLY.  Only when you love yourself will your love pour out and shine on the rest of the world.  Only then will you truly be able to love others.   

LAUGH - Laughter is AMAZING therapy. It's the best way to relieve stress and raise your positive vibration levels.  It can lift your spirits and give you energy.  A long time a go, a friend and I made a promise to make each other laugh - and we do, almost every day.  Laughter releases tension, and gives me strength and energy to work through my own challenges. So LAUGH as much and as often as you can.

DREAM - Dream BIG DREAMS for yourself.  There are no limits to what you can dream AND achieve except for the ones you place on yourself.  DREAMING gives you something to BELIEVE in. 

BELIEVE -Believe in YOURSELF, in your DREAMS, in your LOVE, in your FRIENDS, in your UNIVERSE.  BELIEVING is powerful - believing give us HOPE, COURAGE and the WILL to take action to realize DREAMS.  Just BELIEVE!!!


LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH, DREAM, BELIEVE - five SMALL but oh, so POWERFUL words.


No comments:

Post a Comment