Welcome


Welcome to my writing blog, where I'll write about....whatever pleases me. But really, you'll find my poetry, quotes, snippets of stories, and recounts of things I've learned about writing and would like to share (because I like sharing, and information sharing can be quite invaluable). So, come on in, sit back, browse around, and let your mind wander through poetry and other musings of this writer. :)

Monday, July 15, 2013

Sun-Sets and Sun-Rises

I've been sitting on this one for a while now, but upon reflecting on the glorious sunsets of the summer sun, I thought it's time to share...

Gazing in awe of the summer solstice sunset as it filled me with warmth and light.

Sun-Sets and Sun-Rises
(©Linda Spencer, 2013)

The sun rose and life began
With fluttering hearts
Many, many moons ago.
Life grew with vows of love
And tears of joy
As children’s laughter filled the rooms.
But life changes as it grows
And some resist its pull.
And now, as the sun sets on this day,
I know the sun will rise tomorrow
And in new light, I awaken.

Waking to a spring sunrise with a walk on the ridge.



And a bit of news with the sun rising on a new day:  I've been selected to write for Sibella Poetry Magazine (www.sibellapoetry.com) for a third year.  YEAH!  Thank you to all my followers and supporters for allowing me the chance to share my poetic verse <3 Mwah!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sharing! I love how your weave together nature and life insights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the Sun Set Sun Rises picture from Monday July 15.
    Amazing
    Hugs D

    ReplyDelete